Do you ever wonder why many people pursue having a garden even though it entails extra chores? It is because keeping one comes with many benefits to your family and to your community.
1) Provision for healthy food – Not all gardens are built for beautification purposes. Some people grow organic gardens in their backyard to take advantage of healthy produce. And since they’re growing their own food, they save more money because they no longer buy from grocery stores.
2) Exercise – Research shows that you can burn up to 300-400 calories an hour with moderate gardening. Cardio and aerobic exercises are both incorporated in gardening.
3) Beautiful background – It’s always relaxing to stare at a beautiful landscape with flowering plants and towering trees. A garden looks equally beautiful and refreshing even though it’s simply planted with vegetables and other crops.
4) Children’s Development – Researches show that garden-based education improves academic performance. Gardening also gives children immeasurable life skills so that they can become independent. It also shows them a way to sustainability.
5) Personal Time and Personal Achievement – Gardening provides an outlet for your own personal time. Some women get into gardening in order to release they get from work and from family. If you take the time to build a garden, your creative genius will be unleashed. Moreover, you will have a creative use of your time instead of worrying. Seeing your garden grow and flourish will give you a feeling of satisfaction and personal growth. You will be able to believe that you can do something positive despite hardships in life.