Remembering your wedding day is one of the best things you can do to stay positive about your married life, if you’re going through tough times. Reminiscing about your promise of happily ever after and the special moments you shared with family and friends on that day will keep the promise alive of growing old with your partner. Therefore, you should consider creating keepsakes of this important celebration in your life which will help you recollect more memories to hold on to. Here are some tricks which you might want to include in your wedding memories preservation plan.
1. Frame your written vows. This is a great way to remind yourself and your partner of your promise of forever to each other. You can also frame a couple of your love letters, lyrics of your favorite song, your wedding invitation or the poem your maid of honor recited at the reception. You can hang this next to your wedding portrait, in your bedroom or on the wall beside the nook where you have coffee together.
2. Dry your bouquet. Hang your bouquet in the air to let it dry. If the petals and leaves start to fall off, consider arranging them in a creative form. You can also hire a professional to preserve your bouquet and have it stored in a dome or frame.
3. Freeze a piece of your wedding cake. Some couples freeze a slice of their wedding cake which they’ll eat on their first anniversary. If you’re keen to do this, choose a cake that freezes well and stays tasty after being frozen.
4. Keep your wine bottles. Bring home a couple of empty wine bottles from the reception. Ask a few of your guests to write their messages and wishes for you on small pieces of paper and drop them into the wine bottles. You can also preserve the wine you had during the cake cutting ceremony. Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place so you can enjoy its perfect taste at your anniversary.
5. Display candid wedding photos. Candid photos or stolen shots will help you remember the unguarded moments you had and the emotions you felt on your special day. Choose your favorite pictures and print them in different sizes so you can hang them appropriately in various parts of your house.
Are you looking for other ways to preserve your wedding memories? Read this detailed infographic from Affordable Preservation for details.