Summer is just around the corner and so you must get your house ready for it in the sonnest possible time. When preparing your house, you must think of appropriate home improvements too in addition to setting up beautiful summer decors. Do you need a guide on getting started with this? Read up.
1) Alter the direction of your ceiling fan – Ceiling fans must blow air down to give the house a breeze and make it feel cooler. Change your fan’s direction in order for it to function like that.
2) Insulate your doors and windows – This will keep the warm air out. For the doors, make sure that the weather stripping is intact and providing a good seal. For the windows, make sure there are no cracking, splitting, or peeling of the seals.
3) Use compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs. These bulbs give off less heat than regular incandescent bulbs. Thus, they cause less impact on the temperature of the room.
4) Plant a shade tree by your air condition unit. By providing some shade over your air conditioner’s outside unit, it will be able to run more efficiently.
When you’re done with the improvements, you can go on with the following summer decoration ideas.
1) Use more natural materials. Cotton, wood, rattan, and wicker are great materials to start integrating into your space.
2) Let the sunshine in by getting rid of your thick curtains.
3) Add some green to your home. Display pots of herb plants in the different areas of your house.
A mat cutter is the best tool that one could use in giving a photo or a home decor project a polished and professional look. Individuals who are into perfecting the appearance of their masterpieces should basically own a hand-held mat cutter. This kind of mat cutter has a blade in it that is angled at the proper angle for beveling the mat board as you push the mat cutter along a straight-edge ruler. It is easy to use as it comes with an instructional guide upon purchase and is fit for those who wish to do their matting manually.
Mat cutters come in both push-type and pull type. For people who are just learning the craft of matting, both types of mat cutter suit their beginner’s skill. These mat cutters usually have indents on their grips which is perfect for any hand size.
Various mat cutters are designed to accommodate different styles of cutting. They could cut ovals, rounds, rectangulars, squares, and other fancy cut mats. Mat cutters may be large and mounted on a wall or they may be small tabletop units. Both types of mat cutters require a plentiful supply of fresh blades. But for more complicated styles of matting, a computerized mat cutter is needed. This kind of mat cutter is used by companies for their products which may require more intricate style details. It combines three technologies to do the cuts in ways that hand-held cutter can never dream accomplish. It includes a computer running mat-design software, an x/y axis motion controller connected to two micro pedal motors, and an air compressor. Its limitations would be on the factor of the software than the hardware.
I have been looking for inexpensive ways to improve the look of my home and oftentimes, I find it really easy to implement. All you need to do is to be creative and patient enough especially if you are concerned on doing this on a tight budget. Today, I’ll share with you some quick ways to liven up your bathroom.
Change That Shower Curtains
Give your bathroom a refreshing look by changing that shower curtain now. If you are used with that plain colored one, then look for a shower curtain with lovely prints and colors. Go ahead and find designs that you want online and you might even find a store that delivers it to your home within the day. You can also use a beautiful window curtain for this purpose.
Assign Containers For Your Shower Essentials
If you share your shower room with the family, then it is best to assign containers to house your different bath essentials. It will also make your supplies neatly organized and easy to reach, something that will improve your shower experience as you have everything that you need in one container.
Clean And Make It Smell Good
You don’t need to purchase expensive cleaners and air fresheners, just use all natural cleaners like general cleaning soap, water, baking soda, vinegar and fresh lemons to do the job. Out of these supplies you can create your own home cleaners and air fresheners, perfect to maintain a clean shower room.
We are just starting to enjoy the first few months of September but I am now thinking on ways to make my home ready for the holidays.
Not sure if we will still set up the Christmas tree as I will not have much time to do it. What I am planning to do instead is to buy curtains in red and green and or fill the living room with other Christmas decorations.
I cannot just do all of these things until I get to really clean the clutter that I have since we started to throw some stuff away after the general cleaning that we had last weekend. So after we get to really clear the area, that’s the time that we can start decorating our living room for the holidays.