Remembering your wedding day is one of the best things you can do to stay positive about your married life, if you’re going through tough times. Reminiscing about your promise of happily ever after and the special moments you shared with family and friends on that day will keep the promise alive of growing old with your partner. Therefore, you should consider creating keepsakes of this important celebration in your life which will help you recollect more memories to hold on to. Here are some tricks which you might want to include in your wedding memories preservation plan.
1. Frame your written vows. This is a great way to remind yourself and your partner of your promise of forever to each other. You can also frame a couple of your love letters, lyrics of your favorite song, your wedding invitation or the poem your maid of honor recited at the reception. You can hang this next to your wedding portrait, in your bedroom or on the wall beside the nook where you have coffee together.
2. Dry your bouquet. Hang your bouquet in the air to let it dry. If the petals and leaves start to fall off, consider arranging them in a creative form. You can also hire a professional to preserve your bouquet and have it stored in a dome or frame.
3. Freeze a piece of your wedding cake. Some couples freeze a slice of their wedding cake which they’ll eat on their first anniversary. If you’re keen to do this, choose a cake that freezes well and stays tasty after being frozen.
4. Keep your wine bottles. Bring home a couple of empty wine bottles from the reception. Ask a few of your guests to write their messages and wishes for you on small pieces of paper and drop them into the wine bottles. You can also preserve the wine you had during the cake cutting ceremony. Make sure to store it in a cool and dry place so you can enjoy its perfect taste at your anniversary.
5. Display candid wedding photos. Candid photos or stolen shots will help you remember the unguarded moments you had and the emotions you felt on your special day. Choose your favorite pictures and print them in different sizes so you can hang them appropriately in various parts of your house.
Are you looking for other ways to preserve your wedding memories? Read this detailed infographic from Affordable Preservation for details.
Different baby products are available in mall, in supermarkets and even online today. They come in varied colors, design, sizes and prices. The greatest challenge for us moms would be choosing the most durable and safest products for our babies’ use.
Most of us fall into the trap of rooting for the cutest items we see in the store. This is especially true when we are choosing one as birthday, christening or holiday gift. There are certain things which we must keep in mind regarding this.
First and foremost, never decide to buy an item based on its appearance. You must care to hold it and scrutinize every part of it. Are you buying feeding bottles? Visit specialty stores that sell the best baby products if possible. In here, you can ask for an actual demonstration of the performance of the item you are eyeing on. Perhaps, you are purchasing them from the department store. Ask permission from the sales agent for you to feel the feeding bottles in your hand and inspect its entirety.
Moving forward, read the product labels or ask about the materials which were used for the manufacture of the baby items you have at hand. They have to be safe for our little ones. If you are clueless about the reputation of a brand that you are considering, you can check its track record through useful websites which advocate against dangers among kids. Better yet, take time to read baby product reviews before going to the nearest store for your purchase. Most of the time, these reviews recommend items that have passed the standards of organizations conducting tests and awarding seals of approval.
It is also ideal that you have at least three brands in mind to choose from. This will enable you to compare and contrast the features and prizes of each item. Thus, you can choose the best one not only according to your needs but also to the budget that you have at hand. Doesn’t it sound like great savings without sacrificing quality? Do not go for the first product that will come your way. There might be more advantages waiting for you from the other items available.
Lastly, you must be aware of recalls so that you can purchase only the best baby products that your child needs. Certain websites provide free recall database which adults can use for reference. These listings can give you the exact name and description of the items recalled and the date and place they were on sale. They also show the cause of the recall and the solutions that the manufacturers are taking to solve the issue.
Getting up in the morning and conditioning yourself to be more productive than yesterday is really challenging. This is why you must be decided and determined to be busy and productive than inactive and lazy.
Start the day by focusing your mind on achieving goals or tasks you need accomplished with in the day. Before going to sleep, get your organizer or gadget and make a list of your plans for tomorrow. Set at least three to five goals which you can realistically achieve within the day.
Next, budget your time. This includes waking up on a specified time and strictly working on certain hours. Assign number of hours or minutes to each of the tasks in your list. This will keep your mind and body working every second of the day. As your time is well-spent, you can accomplish a lot of things. You might be surprised that with the focus and energy you have got, you could be starting today on the goals or tasks you have set for tomorrow.
Lastly, remove any form of distraction that get your focus and time out of the task you need to work on. Oftentimes, gadgets and social media can get most of us distracted and unproductive. If you would not be needing the internet for your work, turn your wifi off so you can work without delays.
It is the time of the year again when your whole family decides to go on a trip and be on a relaxation mode for some days. Because nobody will be left behind to watch over the house, it is best for you to observe certain measures that ward evil doers off your property and belongings. Take a look at the following tips on making your home more secure while your family is on a vacation.
1) Request for help – Find a friend or relative who can guard and stay in your house for the entirety of your vacation. Be sure that he or she is someone you can trust. If you’re not comfortable with this idea, have at least three dogs guarding your house from the outside. Requesting help from your local police is advisable too.
2) Refrain from spreading the news about your vacation online – The rise of different photo sharing sites and social media platforms caused many people to be addicted in giving minute by minute update of their whereabouts. Doing this makes it easy for thieves to track your every move. Once they learn that you are already out of the house, they can quickly perform their evil plans.
3) Momentarily stop your mails and newspaper delivery – Local post offices usually hold mails for people who will be leaving their residences for three days or more. Cut-off the newspaper delivery too. When newspapers pile up by entrance door or lawn, people will suspect right away that there are no one in the house to pick them up.
4) Lock all points of entrance – These are not only your back and entrance doors. Windows and other openings to your house are included here. Before you leave, have all family members check if all your passage ways are locked up. Other things which you might need to lock up are gas and water pipes.
5) Install security devices – Obviously, these are the likes of CCTVs which you can connect to your laptop or mobile devices with the aid of the internet. If this is quite costly for you, purchase locks or lock systems which can keep your property fastened until you get home from vacation.
Nothing beats having your own home sweet home. And it doesn’t matter if it’s a mansion or a small apartment, what is important is you have your own space you call your very own.
I’ve started this blog to share with you everything I find interesting and which I think would be a great help in making our homes the greatest places on Earth.
Just wait for my next posts! 🙂